Published Aug 14, 2019Just shy of three years removed from releasing their Splendor & Misery album, experimental L.A. trio Clipping have shared the details behind a follow-up effort.
Titled There Existed an Addiction to Blood, the group's latest arrives October 18 through Sub Pop. Fifteen tracks in length, the album is said to be influenced by horrorcore, and features contributions from Benny the Butcher, La Chat, Ed Balloon and more.
Alongside the news, the group have shared first single "Nothing is Safe," which is described as "a reversal of Assault on Precinct 13, where the band create their own version of a John Carpenter-inspired rap beat and the cops are the ones raiding a trap house." You can hear it below.
Last year, Clipping contributed to the soundtrack for Rick and Morty. There Existed an Addiction to Blood is now available for pre-order.
There Existed an Addiction to Blood:
2. Nothing Is Safe
3. He Dead (ft. Ed Balloon)
4. Haunting (Interlude)
5. La Mala Ordina (ft. The Rita, Benny the Butcher, and El Camino)
6. Club Down (ft. Sarah Bernat)
7. Prophecy (Interlude)
8. Run for Your Life (ft. La Chat)
9. The Show
10. Possession (Interlude)
11. All in Your Head (ft. Counterfeit Madison and Robyn Hood)
12. Blood of the Fang
13. Story 7
14. Attunement (ft. Pedestrian Deposit)
15. Piano Burning (composed by Annea Lockwood)